We at the Sparewo site believe that your business is unique and that your privacy is indispensable to you and to us. It’s against that backdrop that we endeavor to protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, BRANDS AND CODE through its Sparewo site follows different principles in accordance with world-wide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
Users contacting this Sparewo site and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
In general terms, this Sparewo site and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services we offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the Sparewo site a product or service. We collect information from you when you register on our Sparewo site, place an order, subscribe to communications from us, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
We at the Sparewo site collect, process, store and retain personal information from you when you use our services by visiting the Sparewo site, register for an account with us, provide us information whatsoever or add information to your account and/or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our services on the Sparewo site.
The personal information we collect, process, store and retain includes but is not limited to the following:
- Information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, fax or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Information that you provide when completing your profile on our Sparewo site.
- Information regarding the buying or selling provided during a transaction connected to your account.
- Information which is financial in nature (such as mobile money, eBay among others) in connection with a transaction on the Sparewo site.
- On some occasions, when you use our Sparewo site, you may provide information regarding age, gender, interests and favorites.
- Information we are required or authorized by applicable Uganda laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- Information regarding your interaction with our Sparewo site, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we may receive from the devices (including mobile devices, computers) you use when you visit our Sparewo site, information provided on a web form, register for an account with us, updates or add information to your account among others.
- Geo-location information, including location information from your mobile or cellphone devices.
- Information we collect from you using cookies and similar technologies. For avoidance of doubt, a cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Information you share on the Sparewo site with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site.
Upon acquiring information from the Sparewo site, we use the personal information provided and collected to inter alia; provide you with personalized and tailored advertising and marketing information, improve our services through the Sparewo site, provide you with a personalized and tailored experience on our Sparewo site mostly by offering you services and items that you may be interested in, to contact you about your account and our new products on the Sparewo site, provide you customer service and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent, fallacious, unlawful or illegal activities on our Sparewo site. We at the Sparewo site may use, store and retain your personal information with the following ramification:
- Your information helps Brands and Code through its Sparewo site to better respond to your individual needs.
- Improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- Provide access to and use of our services through the Sparewo site.
- The Personal information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs 24/7.
- Your information helps us provide you innovative and novel content that includes items and services that you may like on our Sparewo site.
- In specific terms, information provided like your email address may aid in order processing, may be used to send you information and updates relating to your order, in addition to receiving occasional Sparewo news, and updates, related product or service information among others.
- For avoidance of doubt, your consent is critical before any personal information you have given us is shared, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever.
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use most of the Sparewo site. But you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
If you decide to register, you will be able to select the kinds of information you want to receive from us by subscribing to various services, like placing an order, subscribing to communications from us, responding to a survey or fill out a form. If you do not want us to communicate with you about other offers regarding Sparewo site products, programs, events, or services by e-mail, postal mail, or telephone, you may select the option stating that you do not wish to receive marketing messages fromBRANDS AND CODE through its Sparewo site.
BRANDS AND CODE through its Sparewo site occasionally allows other companies to offer our registered customers information about their products and services, using postal mail only. If you do not want to receive these offers, you may select the option stating that you do not wish to receive marketing materials from third parties.
We will provide you through our Sparewo site with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and up-to-date. You may review and update this information at any time through our Sparewo site. There, you can:
- a)View and edit personal information you have already given us.
- b)Tell us whether you want us to send you marketing information, or whether you want third parties to send you their offers by email.
- c)Sign up for electronic newsletters about our services and products.
- d) Once you register, you won't need to do it again. Wherever you visit our Sparewo site your information stays with you.
Brands and Code through its Sparewo site has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your user name and password, so do not share these with others.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology. You unequivocally and irrevocably acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our Sparewo site confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our Sparewo site).
When you open an account on our Sparewo site, you provide us with your contact information, including your name, email address, telephone contacts among others. We at the Sparewo site use this personal information for purposes as described above.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending email and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. Any violation of the same by those companies attracts serious legal consequences.
All in all the disclosure of your personal information may be required of us to provide you access to our services, to comply with our legal obligations under the Ugandan law or international law, to enforce our online user Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent, fallacious, unlawful or illegal activities related to our services through the Sparewo site.
For avoidance of doubt, BRANDS AND CODE through its Sparewo site will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on BRANDS AND CODE (b) protect and defend the rights or property of BRANDS AND CODE and its Sparewo site, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of BRANDS AND CODE through its Sparewo site, or the public. You unequivocally and irrevocably agree to hold brands and code harmless from any damages whatsoever arising from the disclosure of information in circumstances as described above.